I emailed the education desk the other day to ask if our trip to Thailand was going to cause any problems. Well, not problems, but I wanted to know if there was a chance they would be calling us or sending us an invitation while we were there. I mean, it seems like our luck that they would mail us something and expect a response in 10 days while we’re out of the country for three weeks. Tim and I were both sure this would not be the case. We always said we would definitely get our invitation before we left for Thailand on May 12. Apparently, not so.
The response said that it was unlikely we would get an invitation before May 12. Bummer. We’re in kind of a weird limbo right now where we’re waiting, but soon we’re going to have to make some decisions about our lease and Tim’s job. We were really hoping getting our invitation in March or April would help us make those decisions. I think we’re going to go back to pretending like the Peace Corps doesn’t exist. That seems like the only way to get through the waiting.